Tuesday, June 12, 2007

After "Today's Mostly Cloudy" is translated to English...

Came across this Google Translator Widget and decided to give it a try on my blog. Well, since it is free, and adding a few Javascripts won't slow my blog down too much, no harm trying right? (Kiasu Singaporean mentality strikes again)

So I added the script at the bottom of the page, and... Tada! Now my blog is bi-lingual! Haha...

But... hold on... Something seems not right with some of the translations...

"远看还真有点像黑芝麻面包耶!" -> Viewed from afar really a bit like black sesame bread Jerusalem! (why does this sound suspiciously like Singlish?)

"毕竟大老远的来到这鸟不拉屎的青海湖挂经幡" -> After all, far away come to this bird shit is not linked to the Qinghai Lake flags danced (wahaha... I thought 'place where bird also don't want to shit' will be more appropriate!)

"小鸟啊~ 你这么早就去哪啊? 你真的相信早起的鸟儿有虫吃吗?" -> You birdie ah-ah going so early? Do you really believe that the early birds eat worms? (Wow... this seems to be the best translated sentence! Kekeke...)

Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, give it a try and see what I mean...

No comments: