Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ah Fook the food blogger vs the restaurant


(Picture in courtesy of Pet Society)

Since Ah Fook was still jobless, he decided to be a food blogger and blog for a living... well, okay, at least blog for food. The lucky guy received an invitation from an up-class restaurant for food tasting, so he turned up for free meal.

AH FOOK: Hi, I'm here for the food tasting.

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Food tasting?

AH FOOK: Yah, I was invited by your restaurant for food tasting. I'm a food blogger.

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Oh... okay. Just to let you know, you have to pay for the food. We'll give you a discount voucher that you can use on your next visit though. A $10 voucher with a minimum spending of $200.

AH FOOK: Oh... okay... so... I get to choose what food I want to eat right?

RESTAURANT MANAGER: No. We'll decide what you can eat.

AH FOOK: Even when I'm paying?

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Yes. Because we choose which are the dishes you should review on, so we'll decide which dishes you eat.

AH FOOK: Oh... okay lor...

RESTAURANT MANAGER: So your order will be the Creamy Lobster and Scallop bisque, Cavier on Turkish Bread, Wagyu steak topped with Truffle and lastly a Yubari Melon Sorbet.

AH FOOK: Er... these are the most expensive dishes on the menu leh...

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Yes, these are the best of our chef recommendations and are all done with the best ingredients from all around the world, so they're expected to be expensive. Okay, tell you what, just for you, we'll give you a 5 percent discount, so your bill should not be over $300. Ah, one more thing. Please send us your post for review before you post it on the Internet.

AH FOOK: What?! You want to review my post before I post it?!

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Of course! We need to ensure that you don't write anything bad about our restaurant and the food!

AH FOOK: But I have to be as objective as I can be when food blogging! I need to be honest! How are my readers going to ever believe me again if they find me lying that a horrible dish taste fantastic just because the restaurant pays for it... okay, partially pays for it?

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Hey look! Our restaurant could have just paid for advertisements on magazines and what not, we don't really have to get a food blogger to advertise for us you know? We're just trying to be kind and give you people a chance to eat good food and do some writing, so don't push your luck and be grateful!

AH FOOK: WTH! That's it! I'm not going to blog about your restaurant! No wait! I'm going to blog about your restaurant, but not about the food, about your see-bloggers-no-up attitude!

RESTAURANT MANAGER: Tsk... tsk... tsk... some governing body should really set some regulations to control you food bloggers!


What's happening: Everybody hates Bloggers (Note: Source is coming from a popular blog this time round instead of the usual newspaper blogs because my readers deserve to know what is ACTUALLY happening.)

No comments: