- A political system where the state is under the control of a single political person, faction, or class
- The government recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible
- Ordinary citizens have no significant share in state decision-making
- There exists a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct the most significant aspects of public and private life
- Political power is maintained through an all-encompassing propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media
- The single party in charge is marked by personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech and mass surveillance
- Criticism of the government and its leaders is strictly curtailed and making such statements can be cause for arrest
- The country is ranked almost at the bottom of the World Press Freedom Index
- The national media is focused almost entirely on political propaganda and the promotion of a the personality cults surrounding a particular family of father and son
So do you know one country that practices Totalitarianism?
No! Not Singapore lah! Singapore is a free democratic country with total freedom for her people and all are treated equally one okay! Don't haiz me okay!
North Korea! It's North Korea, no matter how similar it looks! It's the Kim family, not the Lee family, okay! I don't want to be sued hor!
Other readings you might be interested in...