Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ah Fook found out that it's not easy being a Chinese teacher


(Picture in courtesy of Pet Society)

Ah Fook paid a visit to the Teacher's house to check whether she has got any lobang. Hey, the saying "When in recession, be a teacher" is always true right?

TEACHER: Hi Ah Fook, how can I help you? I'm on a long vacation now, so I've got all the time in the world to entertain you...
AH FOOK: Wow... what's wrong? And why the long face? Thought you love teaching?
TEACHER: Hey, didn't you at least read the newspapers? The Ministry of Education is going to like adjust the weightage of Chinese in PSLE! And to the layman, they're simply saying "Oh we needa make Chinese less important so that the little precious ones from the Elite families who have problem even forming one single sentence in Chinese will not have their results pulled down by their poor Chinese, and so that they can get into the top secondary schools easily!"
AH FOOK: Seriously? But that's like as good as telling the kids into their face that Chinese is not important!
TEACHER: Sigh... that's why I've given it all up and cleared my annual leaves...
AH FOOK: Wow... this is bad, man! Imagine years down the road, nobody around here can speak Mandarin better than the Ang Mors!
TEACHER: Oh well... let's don't talk about it anymore... so what brings you here?
AH FOOK: Oh... hmm... actually nothing lah...

Ah Fook had second thoughts about being a teacher. What if in future, the Elites' kids can't count one to ten and the Ministry of Education decided to adjust the weightage of Mathematics in PSLE...


What's happening: Mother tongue weighting in PSLE could be cut

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com