Saturday, May 7, 2011

GE2011 - Please vote with your head and heart on Polling Day

Friends, Singaporeans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to state the fact, not to complain about PAP;
The mistakes that men make lives after election day,
A good politician might not make the best decisions,
So let it be with PAP ... The noble PAP
Hath told you the opposition parties are ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously will we pay for it if that is why we will not vote for them ...
Here, under the rule of PM Lee and the rest,
(For PM Lee is an honourable man;
So are they all; all honourable men but just a little bit arrogant)
Come I to speak on Polling day ...
A good opposition party is like your friend, faithful and just to you:
But PAP says they are all ambitious;
And PM Lee is an honourable man….
Good opposition parties hath brought many feedback from the residents to the Parliament,
Whose issues are brought up to the government:
Did this in the good opposition parties seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, PAP hath not heard:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff like this:
Yet PAP says opposition parties are all ambitious;
And PM Lee is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Facebook page of Tin Pei Ling
when all have kept still on Cooling Off Day,
Which she did broke the silence: was this acceptable?
Yet Tin Pei Ling says it was an honest mistake;
And, sure, she is an honourable candidate.
I speak not to disprove what PAP ministers spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did lead a good live once, without worries of constantly rising cost:
What causes the difficult lives you are having now?
O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason…. Bear with me;
My heart will be in the coffin there with Democracy,
if all opposition parties have lost their seats today
And I must pause till it come back to me five years later.

No comments: